The Brandeburg Gate is a former city gate and one of the main symbols of Berlin and Germany.
It was commissioned by King Frederick William II of Prussia as a sign of peace and built by
Carl Langhans from 1788 to 1791.
The Brandeburg Gate was restored from 2000 to 2002, today it is considered one of Europe´s
most famous landmarks.